Technical support can be overwhelming and difficult to manage in-house. For this reason, many companies choose to outsource their help desk. At ISPN, our HelpDesk solution serves as an extension of your team, resolving issues quickly and educating your customers. Below we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of outsourcing help desk services.
The Importance of Effective Help Desk Services
A help desk is usually the first point of contact for customers looking for assistance with an issue or answers to their questions. Help desks provide technical support to end users, troubleshoot issues, and guide customers through specific tasks. Why is a help desk so important? The combination of high first-call resolution (when a customer’s needs are properly addressed the first time they call), low hold times, and increased transparency lead to increased customer retention.
To learn more about first-call resolution (FCR), please check out our recent article, “First Call Resolution: The Holy Grail for Community-Focused Internet Service Providers.”
The Pros of Help Desk Outsourcing Services
- Quality Technical Support: Higher first-call resolution result from an outsourced services’ extensive knowledge and ability to quickly resolve issues.
- Reduced Costs: Help desk outsourcing reduces fixed costs (i.e. minimizing headcount, equipment needs).
- Flexible Capacity: Call volume can vary based on seasonality and other factors. Outsourced help desk services better handle changes in volume.
- Improved Response Time: Lower hold times due to expertise and flexible capacity.
- Focus on Core Competencies: Outsourcing can free up management and teams to spend more time in areas where the organization is best positioned to add value.
- Continually Updated Training: Companies that specialize in help desk services are more likely than in-house teams to keep training current.
- Peace of Mind: Partnering with an outsourced service ensures you can focus your energy on other aspects crucial to the organization’s success.
Note: Although there are many pros to outsourcing, not all providers excel in each of the areas listed above.
The Cons of Help Desk Services Outsourcing
- Loss of Control Over Training: Organizations may be concerned that certain nuances can be lost when help desk services are outsourced.
- Professionalism: Since a help desk can be the first line of contact with customers, professionalism is paramount. If outsourced help desk personnel don’t maintain an elevated level of professionalism, it could reflect poorly on the business.
- Remote Personnel: Outsourcing has the potential to leverage the capabilities of global help desk services, however a local touch can avoid the potential for cultural differences.
ISPN’s HelpDesk solution has U.S.-based agents and addresses the above concerns when outsourcing help desk services through our thorough training, extensive customer success program. HelpDesk allows you to stay in control of your subscribers’ experience with our customized web-based trouble ticket and call reporting system. We ensure higher resolution rates from qualified, non-scripted, US-based technicians, which saves your organization money by reducing truck rolls.
Additional Benefits of ISPN’s HelpDesk Support Services
Our HelpDesk technicians deliver first-call resolution without passing customers to another party. This results in a seamless customer service experience that truly feels local. Our team is trained to use network administration tools to effectively troubleshoot connectivity issues, while providing excellent customer service.
Additional benefits of using ISPN’s HelpDesk solution include the ability to:
- Stay in control of your subscribers’ experience with our customized web-based trouble ticket and call reporting system.
- Choose between 24×7 support, after-hours/overflow, or customized hours to supplement your team.
- Monitor real-time stats to quickly identify and resolve widespread issues.
- Give subscribers reliable technical support for Broadband (Fiber, Wireless, DSL, Cable), Video (IPTV, CATV), and Voice (VoIP, POTS).
Get in Touch with Our Team
HelpDesk is only one of many solutions ISPN offers. We provide expert solutions for Broadband and Internet Service Providers nationwide, including telcos, electric cooperatives, municipalities, cable operators, WISPs, and MDUs.
Click here to get in touch, or you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 866-584-4776.